11.30.2006

Deck The Halls


We finally got to trimming the tree tonight. Everyone had a great time hanging ornaments and remembering who gave them that particular one and who made this ornament and when they gave it, etc.



Hazel was un-decorating the tree as fast as we were hanging ornaments. I thought that hanging the plastic ones on the lower branches would be safe...NOT!! Hazel would take one off, pull the figures off the bases and throw them on the floor. Needless to say, our tree has no ornaments on the bottom half of the tree, except garland, and I don't think that will last long either. But we all had fun, even after trying to take pictures!

4 comments:

  1. I am envious. We won't be able to decorate until we get to Jamaica. It is not worth getting all the things out for such a short time. We leave on the 13th. We did get the twrilly bird out and the advent candle. Everything looks wonderful at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping Anna's old enough to put ornaments on the bottom this year. We've had a bare bottomed tree for years.

    Yours looks great. I can't wait until we get ours tomorrow. The only drawback is it's going to be so COLD!!! But we've done it before and I'm sure we'll do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the tall tree this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your prediliction for word verification means I have to switch to a different internet provider because Mozilla has issues with illustrations - that's to explain why I don't comment often!!

    I wanted to say, look for the new decorating look at our house - I will be doing a post on it - if it comes to pass!

    (Don't get excited - it's actually all about minimizing!!)

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents