11.11.2006

WARNING!! This won't be pretty

This is a picture from last night, 3 days post-op. The bruises on my cheeks and chin are moving down my neck. Now they are turning yellow and purple. They look worse than they feel. (Nate says I should have done the surgery before Halloween and gone as a car accident victim.) The swelling has gone down some on my face. Mostly I am still numb, which makes eating a bit difficult. Half of my lower lip has feeling but they don't touch yet. My lower eyelids are numb too. My teeth dry out and my nose feels cold on the inside. But I can't feel anything but my tongue. And then there are these twitches... It is a very strange feeling.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better! Glad that Hazel likes you again. See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, since nobody else is saying it, . . .

    Ouch, that looks really horrible. I hope you get better soon.

    (The bruised part doesn't actually hurt, it just migrates down because of gravity.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to talk to you yesterday. I am glad that you are feeling a bit better. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents