7.17.2007

Finally...

When I was a kid, we had this great sandbox. It was HUGE. I, along with my brothers and sisters, spent a lot of time out there building castles, volcanoes, moats, gardens, etc. Of course we used to flood it with water a lot too. (My dad hated when we did that). But the sand box was an integral part of my childhood. So I of course want one for my kids too. Nate poured the cement for me back in march. But it has taken me a while to find a place that had sand and would deliver for a residential customer. Finally found it and here's the end result:


I have only been promising my kids a sandbox for the last 6 years. Now we are all set. Nate shovelled and wheel-barrowed 3 yards of sand into the backyard and into my great sand box. There is enough room for all 3 kids plus extra friends.
Isaac was already in the sand box when I woke up this morning. And they spent the whole day out there. I'm glad that they enjoy it.
Now I just need to find a way to keep it out of the house (yeah right).

4 comments:

  1. I love your sandbox!! I hope your kids try making a swimming pool by lining a hole with tin foil That's what we always tried to do! I had fun reading more of your entries today and especially cracked up on the "Aspen and the dishes" entry. E-mailed to my sister as we can relate so well!!
    So fun to hear all about your adventures and see all your photos!! You're a very inspiring blogger!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks awesome. The sand looks like top quality castle building sand. Nate ... too bad Hector was not there to pitch in this go round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularily like the sand on the wall..... and Isaac's watch...
    It DOES look like good sand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun! we have loved our sand box as well - and i just sweep everyday at the entry way.

    they are supposed to hose off before they come in, but they don't usually.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents