4.26.2008

Hut's Hamburgers

We were downtown for Isaac's baseball tournament and happened to notice this hole-in-the-wall burger joint on our way back home. Nate had actually heard of it before and it was supposed to be good. So we stopped, since it was lunchtime and everyone was cranky with hunger.

The burgers were good and sloppy. Toby and Aspen opted for the buffalo burger. Other choices were all natural beef, veggie pattie or chicken (I think). The kids said the buffalo was good.

They had monster onion rings and real french fries. I wish we lived closer to downtown so we could experience more great local finds. (I am tired of the lame chili's or TGIFridays or pizza joints you generally find in suburbia. I am also tired of suburbia, but that another story.) I guess I just need to find more excuses to go downtown!

7 comments:

  1. Of course if you lived downtown you probably wouldn't like the traffic, small yards, noise, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good hole in the wall. We once went to this scary biker bar outside of Davis. It had great food, but you should have seen the looks on the locals faces when we walked in. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We totally agree about being tired with those chain restaurants. I think Robin and I would be happy never to eat at Applebee's or Chili's again. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Betsy!!!! Here they don't have a lot of choices either so it's all pretty much blah. All exept one steakhouse we found a couple weeks ago. I could go on about that all night long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bryan: In our suburb we have small yards neighborhood traffic + construction traffic (read dump trucks and cement trucks), noise from said construction and I still don't let my kids go outside unsupervised. The grocery store is too far to walk to, as is everything else, except the schools, but they have to cross big very busy streets with all those dump trucks, etc. We drive pretty far to get to most things/places. I would still love to live downtown rather than in this suburban cookie cutter HOA controlled homogenous neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok looks like it is time for another trip to tx. That food looks so good ... then again it is late and I am hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking about HOAs, I used to think that they were a complete waste of money... until I went hometeaching with my neighbor. He agreed about hating HOAs. His reasoning was that HOAs were dumb because they wouldn't let him put a chicken wire fence around his yard. Suddenly, HOAs sounded a whole lot better.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents