12.28.2008

It was good while it lasted

We had a great week with Hester, Hannah, and Karl staying for the week. They were a ton of help (my dishes were done 4 or 5 times a day) and played with my kids (I wish I'd gotten a picture of Karl playing Polly Pockets - all by himself). We went out to eat, went shopping, to the movies, played lots of Rock Band and Wii sports and board games. We will all miss Hannah, Hester and Karl. We begged and pleaded for them to stay. But I guess they had to go home sometime. We can't wait to see them again.
Here's some of the other things we did all week:





The kids shot the BB gun in the garage at

This target made from all the boxes we received for the last month of Christmas packages. Those are little army men on the box.
We had a second Thanksgiving dinner last Sunday. For the real turkey day we had enchilladas. Nate wanted the whole shebang. So he cooked it all up himself! It was delicious.


Isaac carved it.
There was no shortage of food all week. We had lots of brownies, pumpkin squares, cookies, candy, etc. I think I gained a few more pounds.

Hannah brought her flute and played with Aspen. She is a great teacher! I wish she lived closer to give Aspen lessons.

We played lots of games.

Karl is helping Hazel read the 12 days of christmas pop up book.


We took lots of pictures, especially goofy ones like these:


There was lots of between activity sleeping.

As well as mid activity sleeping.



And lots of reading. (I think Karl read 10 books while he was here!)

5 comments:

  1. We did miss Karl this year - he's been part of our Christmases for quite a few years.

    And we'd love having Hannah and Hester too!!

    I had everyone at church today - all the kids and grandkids anyway - it was pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great day. Today we tried to take our Christmas picture. I wanted one that looked like Bolivia but the kids were not too cooperative. I guess we have had one too many pictures shoots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looked like you guys had lots of fun! We're sorry we missed it.

    I was so shocked to see that you finally got the BB gun out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, I think everyone just forgot about it for awhile. But they've been having fun. I think we finally found a target to shoot at, and cleaned the garage out enough to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll come back soon, I promise. pesky work obligations and such.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents