1.05.2010

Just what I needed this morning

It was 7:35 am.  Isaac would be tardy at 7:40 am. 
I was supposed to pick up Aspen's friend and take them to school at 7:55 am.
It is 28 degrees outside. (Very cold for my part of the globe).

I have a flat tire. 
Like rim on the floor flat. 
(Maybe that's why it was driving kind of mushy last night.)

Just what I needed.

I call Nate at work...no answer.
I call Nate's cell phone...no answer.

My choices?
Can't ask the neighbors to take Isaac - they were on time and have already left for school.
Can't  make Aspen & Isaac walk - they'd be tardy - and it's really cold.
Can't send them on their bikes - isaac has a broken arm, aspen has a lot of stuff - and it's really cold.
I guess they could just stay home.
But they should probably go.
I guess I have to fix it myself.




I figured it out. 



When I put the spare tire on, it was kind of flat too.  I put more air in it, maybe it was just low because of the cold air.  We'll see. 
But, I did it all by myself...in my slippers and pajamas...in the freezing cold...in 15 minutes.
And I got Aspen to school on time!  (Isaac was still tardy though.)
I think I've accomplished enough for today.  Everything else is bonus today!

Hope you had a great day back to real life too.

Happy New Year!

8 comments:

  1. Very, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed a flat tire once - on the way home from Utah - had Grandma Clayton in the car with me - and a very young Bonny and Harry.

    It was an experience I can live without repeating.

    But I too am impressed.

    Especially that you took a photo too!

    (I would have called my home teacher!!)

    (He's an attorney who goes to work late!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are awesome betsy.

    i would have called AAA.

    but i am lazy.

    and mom i vividly remember that tire changing experience. and sitting in the gas station all night listening to debbie harry with donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think the most awesome thing about your little adventure is that you stayed cheery. bonus bonus points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are great. I have never fixed a flat in my life and don't know that I could now. I don't have enough strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you come up with strength if you have to do something! (And you would too, Alice!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. uh oh, now you have demonstrated your resilience. I don't know if nate will want to do the tire fixing ever again...

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents