5.24.2010

37 thirty-seven

I had my 37th birthday yesterday. Wow! I know! My kids tell me that I am officially old. Anyway, I wanted to do something different for this next year. So my plan is to set 37 goals to accomplish during the year. I am good at lists so here is the one I made one for my 37 thirty-seven goals.

  1. Read 37 books.
  2. Do 37 real pushups all at once.
  3. Crochet 37 things.
  4. Sew 37 things.
  5. Visit 37 new places.
  6. Write 37 posts in 37 days.
  7. Read the Book of Mormon in 37 days.
  8. Read the Doctrine and Covenants in 37 days.
  9. Try 37 new recipes.
  10. Meet 37 new friends.
  11. 37 dates with Nate.
  12. 37 mile bike ride.
  13. No sugar for 37 days.
  14. FHE 37 weeks in a row. (We are hit or miss sometimes on this.)
  15. Family scripture study 37 days in a row. (We need to get back in gear for this.)
  16. 37 photo projects.
  17. 37 acts of service.
  18. Run 3 miles in 37 minutes. (I am not even able to run right now so this will be the starting point.)
  19. Run 4 miles in 37 minutes.
  20. Memorize 37 scriptures.
  21. Memorize 37 hymns.
  22. 37 miles of races.
  23. Run 370 miles.
  24. Read the New Testament in 37 days.
  25. Do 37 "other" projects.
  26. Complete 37 Personal Progress requirements.
  27. Knit 37 things.
  28. Go to bed early 37 days in a row.
  29. Wake up early 37 days in a row.
  30. Read 37 conference talks.
  31. Cook real dinner 37 days in a row.
  32. Spending freeze for 37 days.
  33. Quiet voice for 37 days in a row.
  34. Lose 37 pounds.
  35. Eat vegetarian for 37 days.
  36. No TV for 37 days.
  37. ?
Some will be more difficult than others (going to bed early? waking up early?) Maybe it's a bit too ambitious. But at least it's something. Maybe ya'll can join me in some of them.

7 comments:

  1. Hope you had a Happy Birthday?

    How do you know Melanie Norwood? She lives in my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm - this would be a good time to be 10!!

    Good luck anyway!!

    (I will join you in losing the 37 pounds though!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that 37 has gone to your head. I mean come on ...sew, crochet & knit 111 things ... that should be a lifetime goal not a yearly one. All the same .... I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday!!!

    i always like making goals, but i never accomplish them. number 37 should be celebrate 38 in a BIG way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is DAD speaking. I am glad that I am 61, gives me more time but I won't be doing 61 things in 61 days. As for waking up early 37 days, at 61 I am just glad to wake up period, 61 days in a row. Women are good at multi tasking, maybe you can do push up and read the B of M at the same time or push up and talk sweetly at the kids. I doubt you can crochet and do push up. Good luck on your goals. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now you have inspired me. I'll join you in the running things. I still want to do a half marathon near the end of the year. Any races?

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'll help you with running, please come with me, anytime... (did i mention please?!!!)...

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents