8.24.2010

The end and the beginning

We had a fabulous summer filled with lots of family and new places. I am not ready to be done yet. I miss my family. I miss the beautiful/cooler weather that we had everywhere we went. I love Utah and wish we could move back. We've been in Texas for 13 years. I only planned on 2 or 3. Still hoping to get back some day. Anyway, I'll get around to getting caught up on the summer eventually. But for now, I'll just start where I'm at.

Summer vacation is over.

School started yesterday.
Can you believe it? Hazel started Kindergarten! She has a fabulous teacher and loved her first day.
Isaac started 6th grade in middle school. He had a good day, but couldn't figure out his locker. So Aspen will help him today before school. He is starting percussion today too.
Aspen is in 8th grade! She is just growing up way to fast too. She is taller than I am!
Toby started back to school here at home. I think we've finally figured out the best plan for me for homeschooling that will be successful. (I think that the hardest part of homeschooling is learning how to balance the school stuff with all the other responsibilities I have and other places I need to be.) He got up at 5:20 for early morning seminary. Yikes! But Toby loves seminary and we have a good group of boys in our neighborhood carpool (6 of them this year!) Nate says it's pretty entertaining to drive them to the church early in the morning. Apparently, half of them have read the Twilight series and are on "team Alice" 'cause she is hot! ( What can I say, they are 14 and 15 year old boys.)


So back to the routine of a new school year.

2 comments:

  1. We start on Monday - and I'm not excited!! I never am - but if I just get through the first day, then I'm "back in the groove" and it's okay.

    I just spend the weeks before grousing a lot!!

    I will be thinking of Aspen and Issac as I work with all the 6th, 7th, and 8th graders at my school!! (I will be teaching 2 collaborative classes with 8th grade science and 6th grade language arts - I enjoy being able to work with all kids, not just my RSP students - helps me see how I can better serve "my kids!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kindergartners and their backpacks. Last year though, I had several parents pick backpacks that were more proportional and nothing fit in them.....

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents