10.24.2010

Takin' a Spin in the Caddy

Nate here: I have subscribed to Road & Track for a long time. About 10 years ago, I got invited to test drive some BMW's. A couple months ago I got an invitation to attend the "Cadillac V-Series Performance Lab" at a track in Houston. It was a blast. We were there for about five hours. They had some classroom-like sessions where they talked about the performance of the cars, and then they had drivers from Skip Barber take us through some different activities. The highlight was driving the cars around the track--they recorded the whole thing, and just sent me the link to the video:



This totally changed my perspective on Cadillac. If you are in the market for a high-end performance car, the CTS-V is definitely worth checking out. 556 horsepower, 191 mph top speed, and definitely fun to drive.


Thank you Road & Track and Cadillac for a very fun weekend.


4 comments:

  1. Were you abducted by aliens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure this was the first time I ever drove with .9 lateral g's. The car is sweet. Go test drive one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are buying a new car - our car has a blown head gasket and a warped block - and it's 10 years old. And the Cadillac has always been a fave of mine. But it's a big over-budget for me - too bad - you give it a compelling recommendation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, your video looks sweet. exactly like the racing games.

    i am definitely with you on the Cadillac and domestic cars in general. i think a lot of the sleeper cars these days are domestics--public perception is definitely lacking where the engineering is. Cadillac is in a bit of Renaissance. buick pretty much kills it in China--you know you have arrived when you have a buick.

    not quite as cool as a day on the track, but i ran away to hawaii to write more on my thesis and my friend left me his M3 to tool around windy mountain roads. i can definitely feel it being more loose because it's a convertible.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents