7.01.2011

Favorite Movies: List 1

I love watching movies, all kinds of movies. Nate will watch a lot with me. But there are some genres that I will most likely watch even if no one else likes them. I just like to watch movies. So, this summer I'll be posting lists of some of my favorite movies in some of my favorite movie categories.



First category: Any movie with a horse in it:

Black Stallion,
Black Stallion Returns,

Flicka,
National Velvet,
Secretariat,
Horse Whisperer,
Sea Biscuit,
Phar Lap,
Lady Hawke,
The Horse in the Gray Flannnel Suit,
Danny,
Hidalgo,
Black Beauty,
Dreamers,

Man from Snowy River,
Return to Snowy River,

Touching Wild Horses,
Virginia's Run,
Long Shot,
Racing Stripes,
Derby Stallion,

Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken,
Flash,
Running Free,
Gus,
My Friend Flicka,
Thunderhead Son of Flicka

I'm sure there are lots more that I have watched that I don't recall at the moment. But I love myself a nice horse movie. I dream of having horses and stables one day. I don't think my golf course neighbors would appreciate horses in my backyard. So it will most likely be awhile. So for now, I get my horse fix watching movies and daydreaming.

5 comments:

  1. I forgot about Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. I loved that movie as a kid and I still do. All my girls have loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the horse movies I've seen have been very entertaining, but I'm actually afraid of horses - I've been on one maybe two times in my life. I think it's because they are so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just watched Secretariat on NetFlix it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could you not list the best horse movie of all time ... SPIRIT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff and I watched Secretariat on Netflix the other night. Funny, he put it in the que without knowing you had just blogged about and I read it. So we watched it and enjoyed it - though it has a bit of a slow start. I loved that the family didn't fall apart as a result of her keeping the horse.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents