8.04.2011

Moving Day

The packers came today. They are good and fast. The whole house is almost done. Just a couple more rooms and the garage. It's a little strange to see our life boxed up.


You can also see our new counters and backsplash in the kitchen. (The things you do to sell a house!)



These are just the books from upstairs (25 boxes worth). There were 15 more downstairs! I think I have a book problem.


They were so nice when I had to ask them (two separate times) to reopen some of the boxes and unpack to find some documents I had forgotten to keep out. Some paperwork that was supposed to stay with the house. And all the birth certificates that I will need to register kids for school. Kind of important stuff. They were super nice about it.


They should be done a day ahead of schedule though. Then I can finally take a break.

5 comments:

  1. I always think its interesting to see your life packed up in a "few" boxes. Then you move to your new place, unpack and realize you don't need most of it, and get to start again and be super organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you sell the house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't sold the house yet. Please keep praying that we can get an offer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was my question too - we will keep our fingers crossed for you!!

    I'm trying to downsize my library - not too successfully I might add!

    I need to move - like Hester said, moving keeps things under control!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a good thing that we are limited to 7200 lbs per move. That keeps us having to downsize each time that we move. Just two more moves and we are finished. I am glad that the packers are doing a good job. US packers are not known for that. The packers overseas are much better. We are praying for you everyday and know that the Lord is mindful of you. You will sell your house.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents