2.17.2007

Box children




Aspen's friend Madison moved last weekend (just around the block). So the kids got to have all the boxes after they unpacked. They spent the whole day making a house with the boxes. They had blankets and pillows, food and toys. They even made a kitchen with plates and cardboard silverwear! After a while it was too cold outside and they moved it into my living room - where it stayed for 5 more days. Madison actually fell asleep in her "room".
Toby spent 3 days in his box. He made an alcove for his cd player and listened to his audio books for 3 days.
I think it's so funny that we spend money to buy the kids toys and all they want is a box!!

4 comments:

  1. My kids loved boxes of all kinds. Once big Harry collected a large number of Schlage boxes - they had held locksets - Bonny and Harry used them like blocks and built all kinds of things in our living room one winter.

    They were 5 and 3 at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. My kids fight over the big boxes also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love boxes too - so do my kids.

    i think it's pretty cool that your living room could fit all those boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My living room is spacious. Mostly because we only have the sofa in there. The perks of having next to no furniture.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents