12.28.2007

Construction



I have been lazy about blogging. Sorry. We've been a little busy and I've been falling asleep as soon as the kids get to bed and I finally sit down for a second. But here's a picture of one of our Christmas traditions: Gingerbread house making. THis year I found pre-cut kits at IKEA for everyone to put together. Erika also tipped me off to the benefits of hot glueing the houses together. (No one ever eats the houses, only the candy. So this was awesome!!) THe kids had a great time. Then Nate and Jake used them for their project later (we believe in recycling:)). Anyway, hopefully I'll get around to blogging the rest of our holiday. Right now I need to go frost some yummy sugar cookies!

2 comments:

  1. what a fun tradition. i can see that pre-made kits would make it a totally no-stress, high-fun activity. and the gluegun bangs!

    i know a family that does houses every year. their mom gets to pick through their halloween candy after trick or treating, and takes out candies that she saves for their decorating a month later. they use it on their houses instead of buying it all. i thought that was a good idea. anyway, i hear ya about being tired. i'm heading to bed now because company just left tonight, and i'm run down. happy new year!
    j♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about the pre made kits at Ikea. I'll have to do that next year. They turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents