12.23.2007

Seeing Green

I have been looking for a large capiz chandelier for a while. I saw one on ebay a couple years ago and have been kicking myself ever since because I hadn't been able to find that one again. But....I saw this one at a local antique store and snapped it up. Nate hung it for me yesterday. It involved some jerry-rigged homemade scaffolding and some other make do-with-what-we-have situations.

The chandelier is about 5 feet tall and we hung it in our entry way which is two stories. It's made out of thin pieces of shells. And it is like a wind chime, moving with any breeze. But it gives a cool green tinted light. And I love it at night.


1 comment:

  1. So Betsy, was this the Christmas present you brought home early in a big box? You never mentioned what was in the big box.
    -Jeremy

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents