8.26.2008

Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center

I took my dad to the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center last week. I haven't been for about 8 years and it was better than I remembered. (I think that it had just recently been built when we went before.) There were lots of natural and native plant gardens. But the kids' favorite place was the pond in front of the visitor center. There were turtles and fish and snakes. The kids played in this spot for an hour. I think they would have stayed here all day.

This was the other little stream on the property. Their second favorite place.







This is looking up the drain in the observation tower. It had a lovely view of the Hill Country.


I would love to have a bit of land to create this kind of place for my kids to enjoy. Someday...




1 comment:

  1. the pond is very pretty. i love wildflowers - especially when there are fields and fields of them. unfortunately i live in the desert where there is only cactus :P

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents