8.27.2008

No trespassing

Yesterday I was sitting at my back door taking pictures of the hummingbirds when I saw this. We live on a golf course. We don't golf however. We bought this lot because we didn't want backyard neighbors. I think that backyard neighbors would be more considerate than the golfers. Before we had a fence, they would mosey through the back and side yards looking for balls. Some would even drive their carts into my yard. Others would hit their balls from my backyard. (I don't need divots in my lawn.) Now they either hop the fence (as shown above), or they just walk in through the gate. Private property doesn't apply to golfers apparently. In the picture below you can see the golfer in brown pointing out more balls in my yard that the golfer in blue needs to pick up. (He picked up 5 golf balls. They weren't all his.)
I did not know all these things before we bought a house on a golf course. I can accept the broken windows (of which we've had many). I can even accept the holes in my house's siding and the dent on my car. But the golfers are getting on my nerves.

8 comments:

  1. I'm curious if you said something to them. I guess some people just have no respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you call the police or complain to the clubhouse of something. That would get annoying

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go outside and stare at them and make them feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really? i would have quit at the windows siding and cars. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should video tape it next time and put it on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For about $100 you could set up a single strand of electrified animal fencing about 1 foot bove the top of the fence. I would love to watch the reaction on their face as they got zapped. Just be sure to let your kids know not to touch it. Maybe that can be our project hte next time I come. Even if you only turned it on when the kids weren't outside it would be awesome/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think one of our neighbors has an electified fence.

    He at least has little signs that says he had an electrified fence. . .

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents