5.03.2009

Sand + water + kids = a happy mom

Most people, especially other moms, cringe when their kids ask for a sandbox. Kids inevitably add water; which leads to wet sand, wet kids, and ultimately, a wet, sandy house and lots of extra showers and laundry. But I love my kids; I love that they love to play in our sandbox (even as teenagers). I love that the sandbox allows them to be creative and it will keep them occupied for hours. I love that they cooperate with each other to create new worlds for their animals, dinosaurs, cars and trucks, and the unfortunate bug or two.

I must confess, my favorite part is hosing them off with the spinkler before they come back in. I take my little joys where I can.


4 comments:

  1. We had to give up our sandbox years ago because we could not keep cats out of it - and we tried lots of things.

    But I've always known that sandboxes bring joy to kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree - we love our sandbox too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I told you this already on the phone but I can't get over how hilarious hazel is in that first group pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun :) emma got her first sand box this easter- i like it too...no cringing here!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents