11.24.2009

over the river and through the woods

Here's a run down of the news in our life (if you're interested):

Finally got my birthday present last week - my very own lap top.  I jumped up and down giddy with excitement (just like a teenage girl) when the FedEx man rang the doorbell.
Also finally got a new phone (my old one would randomly white out the screen.  Making it impossible to call anyone (unless I had their number memorized or on speed dial) Or know who was calling.)  iPhones are fabulous.  (Nate has iphone envy, even though his work finally got hiim a blackberry).  My kids use it more than I do...it has games and movies.

Aspen had her first lock-in at school last weekend. (her drama class is rehearsing for their upcomping play)  I went with her as a chaperone.  No one slept.  But there was lots of drama!  (of all kinds).


After 4 1/2 years, Nate was released from being the Elder's Quorum president.  Finally.  So he has this week off from church responsiblity.  I'm sure that won't last though.  Nate is too awesome for them to let sit idle for long.


I was called as the first counselor in the Relief Society.  It has been an interesting change for me.  I am humbled beyond measure to be serving the sisters in our ward.  Our fearless leader/president is fabulous.  I am learning so much from her already.

The weather has been nice and fallish.  Fog in the morning, cool evenings and mornings, some rain, we even had a light freeze last week! 


We are in Las Vegas for Thanksgiving.  Yay!!!  It has been 5 years since we were here last, and it is nice to visit with family.  The kids are having fun playing with cousins.  I think I caught the nasty cold Hazel had last week.  Not feeling so hot.  But at least I don't have any big responsibilities this week.  So I guess it's as good a time as any for being down for a bit.  Maybe I'll get some reading in, or blogging...maybe both!


I can't believe it is the holiday season already.  2009 is nearly over!  Time flies...

4 comments:

  1. Lap tops and iPhones seem to be everyone's faves.

    Although I'm perfectly happy with my table top Mac and Samsung phone. But then I'm not much of a techno wizard - and I always need a separate mouse - can't seem to do touch screens either.

    Enjoy your holiday - we are in Virginia and loving the rain and cold - since it's so different from what we've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have iPhone envy too. but until I can get it on Verizon i am stuck.

    hope you have an great visit with family and a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time. We hope to hear from you on Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love an iphone but AT&T doesn't work in our town.

    and i bet you will great in RS - i am in RS now as well - and it was a nice change from many many years in primary.

    and you guys should move to our ward - we need a new YM pres and nate would be great.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents