11.30.2010

New Thanksgiving Tradition

I started a new Thanksgiving Day tradition with my family this year. I read about it on some blog somewhere. (I can't remember which one - I follow waaayy to many.) But I really like this idea.

I got a big blank sketch book. Each year I plan to put it out during our gathering and have everyone sign it. Even little kids. Each person can write a line or two to say what they are thankful for. Or just sign it. Then I'll take a group picture of everyone in attendance and place it in the book on the pages signed for the year.

This way, I'll remember who was there every year. And have a record of how things change and/or stay the same each year.

So I started this year. I don't think I got all the kids to sign that were there. But I got most of the adults. And of course my family. The group shot was minus a couple sister missionaries that left before I knew it. As with all new things, it will take me a bit to get the hang of it. But I am excited about this new little memory book for Thanksgiving.

Now I've just got to remember it next year.

3 comments:

  1. I always want to do yearly "memory" books for occasions - and envy those who do - I'm sure they will make wonderful reading in a few years!

    Speaking of traditions, how does the Kerksiek Candy game work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy game details are posted in the post just before this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tradition sounds like a very good one. I have always wanted to do that kind of things while we were overseas. I tend to forget who came to our house so many times. I wanted to have a guest book for all those who came to visit us while we were in the different parts of the country. I did it in Mongolia but never got around to doing it in the other places. I guess once is better than never. I hope that you can continue to do it for the next several years.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents