12.04.2010

Lights

I thought ahead a little on this one. I heard that it was going to be a bit chilly the day after Thanksgiving, so I decided to put up my house Christmas lights on Thanksgiving Day morning. I didn't want to have to freeze my fingers while trying to hang lights. And I figured that I was only one day early. So I did!

Sadly, my lights are slowly dwindling in number. This year I lost a whole strand due to burned out bulbs. Unfortunately, they don't even sell the size/shape of bulb that I have. So this will be the last year for them. In the week since I hung them, 5 more have burnt out. I guess next year I'll have to bite the bullet and buy new ones. But for now, the outside of the house is lit and decorated.

2 comments:

  1. I think we had lights at our house maybe for 4 or 5 years when I got little Harry to do it.

    It never happens anymore - although they are strung up year round in the back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you are sick. I wish that I could be there to help. You were this sick the christmas you came home in India and drink the water without realizing that you shouldn't. I hate being so far away when my children need me, but I am glad that your family is taking care of you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents