1.17.2011

Top 10 Things We Will Miss About Texas . . .

10. Mangos
9. The new movie theater they are building 2 miles from our house.
8. Annual Crawfish boils???--hopefully we will be able to get them in Kansas
7. Annual trips to South Padre (OK, we may end up still doing these, but it still makes the list)
6. HEB
5. Central Market (Yes, technically owned by HEB, but it is different; gelato, 23 kinds of apples, Hazel cheese, Valrhona, etc.)
4. Rudy's--The Worst BBQ in Texas (Extra moist, half a hottie . . .)
3. Chuys Fine Tex-Mex--Creamy Jalepeno, Elvis' Birthday, Hatch Green Chili Festival
2. Jake and Amy--I know, we suck
1. Friends--School night, late night movie friends; cooking friends; live down the street friends; camping friends; white elephant party friends; bootcamp friends; cousins in San Antonio; church friends; school friends; work friends

We're moving to lawrence, kansas.

16 comments:

  1. Where are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kansas? Wait. What?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a surprise. I hope that all goes well. Too bad, Leslie and Tom are moving to Omaha. It seems like everyone is moving: Jake to Austin, you to Lawrence and Leslie to Omaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all the movers and shakers of our family's world. Hope you enjoy your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you going back to school? Joey and Mercy live in lawrence, asdo my in-laws. My father-in-law is a professor there. Lawrence is a charming college town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( Gosh we will miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some days I wish we were moving somewhere - if for no other reason than to clear out all the detrius collected over the years.

    We will look forward to hearing about your new adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are going to like visiting you there though. Jake and Amy, Mike and Mindy are still there......

    Um, does this affect June 18th?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat. Kansas is a great place, seriously. Look forward to seeing you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. After almost 11 years, I am leaving Dell. We are heading up to Kansas, where I have accepted a position with Collective Brands. Collective Brands owns Payless Shoe Source, as well as the Sperry, Saucony, Keds, and Stride Rite brands.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After almost 11 years, I am leaving Dell. We are heading up to Kansas, where I have accepted a position with Collective Brands. Collective Brands owns Payless Shoe Source, as well as the Sperry, Saucony, Keds, and Stride Rite brands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow....even though we only saw you every five years or so :) it was nice knowing it was a possibility! I think of your family all the time since I have Nate's beautiful ceramic vase sitting on my counter :) Will you still be coming to Shriner's at all? You will always have a place to stay here in Double Oak if you need it! Good luck on your new adventure. You are one of the coolest, funnest families I know ( I really LOVE your blog, even though it makes me feel guilty I'm not conducting chemical experiments with my children) and I know your kids will do great wherever you go! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:25 PM

    I'm so sorry! We miss TX terribly. I hope it's a good change for you and the fam. I'm sure you'll make a thousand new friends wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you guys! I'm sure you'll have a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents