1.27.2011

When I have grown a foot or two

My baby brother entered the MTC yesterday: to learn japanese and to learn how to share the gospel with the people of Japan.  I talked to him just before he left the house.  He was so excited to go!  He will be an awesome missionary.  He will touch so many lives for good in on his mission.  When we get an address, we'll let ya'll know so you can write him if you'd like. 
It is a bit surreal to me.  Axel was born while I was a freshman at BYU. He was only 3 years old when I gave birth to Toby.  When he would visit sometimes, it was more like having another child than having my brother over.  But seeing Axel now reminds me that Toby will be entering the MTC in a little more than three years to go on his mission.  My little baby is almost old enough to serve the Lord for two years!  It's a little crazy.  It makes me realize that time is short.  It goes by so fast.  There is so much to do and so much to teach and prepare for!  I appreciate the example Axel is for my boys. Good luck little brother!

3 comments:

  1. Noah was three when Bonny got married. And my brother David was one when I went off to college. A youngest in a large family certainly deals with an age range - but it can certainly be an enriching experience. The important thing is to stop thinking about the child as "young" once they are really no longer young. Young and youngest mean very different things. We are excited to hear about Axel's experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Axel is gone on his mission! When did we get so old? I love this photo by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:40 PM

    I am feelin' your pain man...J is only 18 months away now! How (please, someone tell me!) did that happen? And how is it possible that I have such an old son when I'm still so young????

    :)

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents