8.05.2005

It's Raining, It's Pouring

I wish I was sleeping, (but not snoring.) There have been some big thunderstorms every evening here for the last week. It caused a power outage yesterday for about 2 1/2 hours. The kids think it is fun becuase they get to use flashlights and candles. Only Isaac is still afraid of the thunder and lightning. Just thought I'd update everyone. Toby has read Harry Potter book 6 4 times now. I guess he figures it gets better every time. Now he is reading the other books again. Aspen is excited for school to start. Only 10 more days. Isaac is counting down the days to the beach (2). He even made a chart on his bulletin board. He put up a bunch of magnets and takes one down each night. All the kids are loving on Hazel. Aspen begged me to teach her how to change Hazel's diaper. Wonder how long that will last? I finally finished Harry Potter. (I was competeing with Toby for book time. Every time I set it down he had it when I went back to get it!!) I liked it. Thought there was a lot of extraneous detail in the beginning though. I wonder if Toby realized what snogging was? Nate is busy with elder's quorum stuff and work stuff. I am getting involved with YW. THey called me to be the 1st counselor. I have only 1 miamaid so it isn't too crazy yet. Hazel is getting better in the evenings and isn't so fussy. As long as she sleeps well at night I don't mind too much. We are all excited for the beach next week and then school starts right after. I am looking forward to that. Then Mom and Dad and Maddy and Axel come to visit. THere is always something to look forward too!!

4 comments:

  1. i love summer and i'm excited for you guys to goto the beach. we have gone a bunch this year. that year we hardly went because i was huge pregnant or had just given birth. i felt so bad - i felt like my kids had been cheated out of a summer. i was so glad when people would call and take them to the beach for me - at least they were able to have a little fun.

    sounds like you guys are having a great time - i'm so pleased toby is enjoying HP so much. we finally finished HP6 on book on tape. esme' goes around asking people - who's the half-blood prince?

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops - that was last year - i'm a horrible typist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful time at the beach I actually went to the beach for the first time in like 2 years (family reunion). It was esp nice since it was smokin in the valley according to my neighbor Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. south padre is going to be great.. i hope you guys have a lot of fun. just remember... it is the main goal of every trip to gather as many sea shells as you can and bring them home with you in sand buckets. have fun

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents