8.21.2006

Today's laugh

Hazel says a few words like this and bird and mommy and daddy. Nate said that she was saying a few other things but I hadn't heard it yet.

This morning, 5:03 am:

Hazel, crying: "I want Mommy!"

She said it so distinctly and plaintively that I couldn't help laughing. What mom wouldn't rush to their baby with that kind of plea?

So I got up and warmed her up a bottle. By that time she had gone back to sleep. Unfortunately, I was now awake. (I have insomnia...it's a cruel world sometimes). So I tried to sleep, but just ended up with bad dreams.

Funny #2

I was running on my treadmill this morning while Aspen and Isaac were getting ready for school. Five minutes before we were supposed to leave, I hopped off the treadmill to remind them to get lunch money and brush their teeth.

I found them outside, shoes and socks off, running through the sprinklers (the golf course has these huge sprinklers that reach onto our patio). Needless to say, we had to change clothes before we could leave and were later than usual. I should have grabbed the camera.

8 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be so nice to be a kid again!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it sad that even that early in the morning it's warm enough that the kids would want to run through the sprinklers?! I'm ready for the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so ready for fall to come. I want to move to a colder climate so I don't have to do another Texas summer. If wishes were fishes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it's terrific that your kids are so totally KID! If *I* pulled that stunt, i'd be in real hot water! ;-)

    You're the best blogger Betsy! I've been so swamped lately and life has been crazy. I went 2 months without getting to my blog. But I'm back and wanted to thank you for not abandoning me! I caught up and read all your entries. Wish we'd crossed paths here in SLC when you were here--but we likely were out of town at the time. So sorry to hear about Toby's surgery. I hope that he's getting better and is back in the saddle quickly! Take care!
    Juels

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you just changed their clothes and took them to school. They will remember that day for a long time. I should have done more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That reminds me: What are your and Nate's miles up to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Texas Summer?? You weren't IN Texas much this summer.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer lasts a loooooong time in Texas. It began in March this year and will probably last until Thanksgiving or Christmas. That's what happened last year too. I didn't miss that much. It wasn't even the hottest part.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents