4.09.2007

Sisters are blooms in the garden of life.

Aspen is a great big sister to Hazel. She plays with her everyday: dress-ups, dolls, dollhouse, kitchen, restaurant, chalk, bubbles, watches Little People videos, reads her books, and colors. She babysits willingly, she takes care of her when I'm not close-by. In return, Hazel absolutely adores Aspen. Hazel runs to Aspen when she is sad or needs help or for whatever. Today when Aspen arrived home from school, Hazel ran outside on those quick-stepping little tippy-toes that toddlers use when they're excited, squealed with delight, and gave Aspen a big hug. I'm so glad that they are so close despite the great difference in their ages. Aspen is her hero, I'm sure. Aspen is a big help to me and I am very proud of her.

7 comments:

  1. they look so cute in their dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice picture of the two. Sometimes black and white is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aspen can also cook dinner. She gets an A+ all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really a great picture and their dresses are beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This picture is priceless and I would love a copy. The girls dresses are wonderful. You make me proud. I know that you are a great MOM to have such great girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love b&w too - and what a great shot.

    you are so lucky to sew so well.

    i guess it isn't luck - you probably worked pretty hard to be good - so how great that you are an excellent seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so weird! I left a comment on this post yesterday...a longish one too. i previewed it and everything, but it's not there.

    your blog vanished from my bloglines subscription list, so a few months passed before i noticed that i hadn't heard from you in a while. i went to your blog and discovered a whole new look and lots of great posts! it didn't occur to me that i was missing out, because i'm proof that a blogger can stop posting and still be actively reading blogs. anyway, great updates. fun to read and see how you're doing. adorable pictures. just reminded me of many of the ways i admire you betsy! you're amazing. happy spring!
    julia

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents