3.19.2008

polar bear award

While I was in Utah, Nate took the kids camping with some other families from the ward. I was skeptical about this adventure because it was supposed to freeze that night. But since I wouldn't be going or doing any of the work, I encouraged him to go for it.

Toby worked on whittling...just so he could use his pocket knife, of course.
Apparently, Isaac was a little cold. He looks kind of miserable. But he assured me he had a great time.

Fortunately, this campground was outside of the burn ban area. Otherwise it might have been pretty miserable.The icing on the cake, or the frost I should say, was that Toby will be able to get The Polar Bear camping award for going on a camp where the temperatures were freezing (it was 32 degrees). There just wasn't any snow.



3 comments:

  1. You didn't mention any of the good parts. Like helping Nate pack over the phone : )

    Although I'll give it to Nate for even trying to do this in cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice,.. looks like it was lots of fun. I miss camping with my family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate was brave. Jeff went winter camping with his Scouts and we would not let our boys go. Which they were mad about because two other boys their ages were going. Jeff reported the next day that both fathers wished they hadn't taken their sons. They were miserable.

    I know I would be miserable. Glad everyone had a good time.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents