5.01.2008

not a good sound


Last week, I was eating my lunch (not at the kitchen table though thank goodness). Suddenly I hear the *****CRASH**** of glass breaking and flying over the tile. I went to check it out. The window right next to the table had been broken by a golf ball. Strangely, only the interior pane was broken. (This same window was broken by a golf ball a couple years ago, but only the outside pane was broken.) And unfortunately, I had broken glass from the window on the floor, table and across the living room. I really dislike picking up broken glass - it is just so time consuming: sweeping, washing, vacuuming, trying to not get cut, making sure the kids stay out of the way.




Moral: sometimes it is good to NOT eat at the table.


Moral#2: Don't live on the edge of a very long fairway with a dogleg because all the golfers are aiming for right behind your house and will usually slice their balls right into your house. (You ought to see the siding on that side of our house - many, many golf ball holes).

4 comments:

  1. So I have the obvious question to ask. Did the golfer come by looking for his ball?

    That really sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- scary! It would make me too nervous to not know if and when that could happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have actually been pretty lucky. This is the first broken window in a couple years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. does the course pay for the repairs? just wondering about the protocols in these situations.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents