9.28.2008

Creating

I loved President Uchtdorf's talk last night at the Relief Society General Conference. I especially liked his comments about creativity. That it is a godlike attribute that we should strive to emmulate. That creating something of worth brings satisfaction and fullfillment and a fullness of joy.

I recently rearranged my house and moved my sewing/project stuff downstairs and now I use it more. Here are a few of the things I've been creating lately:

Matching skirts for the girls. (they are also reversible to the fabric that shows on the hem. ) Super easy and fun to make.

This is a top that I started for Hazel last spring. Alas, by the time I finished it, Hazel had grown too big. So, hopefully it will fit Katanya. The owl fabric was one of my favorites. Click here to see it on Katanya. ( we posted at the same time on the same topic without knowing!)

I love sewing and it makes me happy. I've been working on a bunch of other things. I'll have to get pictures to show you. Now, I've got to get back to emmulating.

7 comments:

  1. We must have been on the same blogging idea. We also must have posted closely together. I love the outfit. She wore it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The skirts are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally have a sewing room - and even though it doesn't seem like I get a lot of sewing done, it's more than I've done in a long time!!

    I too love to create stuff when I sew - some of it's not very functional - but I guess I love the process!

    Elder Uchtdorf's talk was wonderful - and from several blogs I've checked, women all over the church were moved by his words!

    That makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love it. sewing is also one of my creative outlets. I don't find as much time as I'd like for projects, but I just started up making a set of full length curtains into 2 sets of half length curtains. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elder Uchtdorf's talk really hit home for me.

    Love the cute skirts and that top is adorable - you have a wonderful sewing talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the skirts and top are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a sewing room now but when I get home from work, get dinner, go to RS or VT or whatever I have to do, there doesn't seem to be any time left over for sewing. However we are using the material from you and from Barbara to make quilts for RS and that has been a bit hit. They enjoy the comaraderie (sp???) and I enjoy getting them ready. Some I have had to piece so I have to make time to sew. I sewed much more when you were little. I made all that you and Erika wore as far as dresses until you were in Middle School. Can't say the same for the next set of girls. Life got crazy and busy then.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents