11.12.2008

Reading Rainbow

A few months ago I reorganized my books by COLOR. I know, sounds crazy and impractical. (But not as impractical as organizing by size! My school librarian friend told me that they used to organize that way to make better use of shelf space.) I'd seen color book shelves in a magazine and wanted to try it out. But I think I'll have to put it back to a more usable system. The books look good. But it is nearly impossible to find the book you're looking for, unless you remember what color the spine is. And books that are part of a series aren't neccessarily shelved together when it's organized by color. Still, it was a fun experiment.

8 comments:

  1. Somebody needs a hobby. As someone who has moved maybe 25,000 to 30,000 books in the last two years, I can tell you that this would not be MY choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color coordinated arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am halfway tempted to give it a try, but then I would need to get a ton of books out of storage or else I might just have 2 colors of the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how that looks, it really is too bad it can't be organized somehow so you can easily find the book you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spy with my little eye.....
    Harry Potter 7.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how it looks! You're so trendy and cool. I want to be like you. My books are just shoved in the bookshelf. Of course, most of them are princess or kid books, so it doesn't really matter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks way cool! Do you ever watch Monk? He would really appreciate your organizing skills- hee hee!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents