11.14.2008

Time Out

I went to Time Out For Women last month in San Antonio. It was a nice break and Nate was great to take the day off so I could go. (I went down Thursday to Saturday). I met Michael McLean. Sorry for the bad picture.

He had this really cool guitar. Just an outline of the body and the neck and bridge. You could stick your hand right through it! He has some very funny songs. (I wish they were on one of his CD's but those one's aren't. )
Anyway, I liked the Friday Seminar the best. I hear some great people speak: Wayne Boss, Virginia Hinckley Pearce, Sherrie Dew, and one more that I can't recall her name. They were terrific. Also heard Chieko Okazaki, Hilary weeks, Chris Stewart, Jason Wright, Carolyn Rasmus, and Emily Watts. It was a great weekend. Kind of like a mini women's conference. I came home refreshed and ready to tackle motherhood again.

5 comments:

  1. i have never had the opportunity to go to Time Out for Women or Education Week. Sounds like a great experience. Kudos to Nate for making it possible for you to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed the Time Outs I've been to.

    Michael McLean is in Bonny's ward - we have met them a number of times - they are a great family.

    It's good to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. michael is my neighbor - how fun you got to meet him - he is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice that you got some time out after all you went through when Nathan was out of town, with the fridge and sick kids. The Forgotten Carols has become one of my favorites Michael McLean is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to TOFW here, last February. It was a first for me. Honestly, I liked it, but not enough to go again. It felt like I was at some weird Christian Revival or something. I dunno. Maybe I was just in the wrong spirit or something.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents