1.08.2009

Red Rover, Red Rover

The GT (gifted and talented) program at Aspen's school went on a field trip to UT to hear a lecture given by the electrical engineering department. I signed up to go a month ago and then forgot until the teacher sent out a reminder email. I was going to cancel because I couldn't find a place for Hazel to go. But Aspen's teacher graciously offered to let Toby and Hazel come with me on the field trip. I was glad. I knew that it was something Toby would love and I really wanted to be able to spend the day with Aspen too. (You can read Toby's account of the trip here.) Anyway, we went and enjoyed it. But the best part of the day was spending it playing red rover on the UT campus lawn. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a lot of fun. Most had never played the game. But it sure was fun to see all these middle school kids holding hands - boys and girls:)

They let Hazel play too.

4 comments:

  1. a good game of red rover does a body good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy I totally love the combo of your hair, shirt and glasses ... awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love going on field trips with my kids' classes as well. and it is surprising how lenient some teachers can be with letting younger sibs join the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I was confused. When you said a field trip to UT, I automatically assumed that meant Utah! I was thinking, wow, that must be one gifted and talented kid to take a trip to Utah for a speaker!

    Obviously, I'm not that gifted. Duh.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents