12.29.2009

Vacation attitude

When Nate is on vacation, he usually doesn't shave very often.  Usually though, he gets annoyed with the irritation caused by growing facial hair and shaves it off before too long.  This break he went about 10 days!  I thought he would go longer, but he shaved for church on Sunday so I didn't get a picture.  But, while looking for some other old photos, I found these:

The first two are from the first Christmas we were married (1994).



 The second is from January 1996.


Not a fan of facial hair.  Still...these pictures make me smile...and laugh.

7 comments:

  1. I am actually a fan of the facial hair. Harry occasionally gets a few days growth - but then our shift at the temple comes up!!

    Bonny never saw her dad without a beard until she was 4 years old. When folks at church asked what happened to his beard when he shaved it off, she replied, "He flushed it down the toilet!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more of a hairless person. I was looking forward to seeing the most recent "non-shave" photo. : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that shirt is now part of a quilt that you made for me a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what is worse--the bad mustache (which I only had for 3 minutes) or the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see guys on campus with staches like that all the time ... but I never see the glasses .... so they must be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. nice. the glasses are worse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is how he looked when I met him! Including the big ol' glasses.

    Makes me want to jump up on a desk, rip off my shirt, and, pointing to myself with my thumbs, scream,

    "I'm the man!!"

    during a job interview.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents