7.17.2009

Outdoor showering

It is HOT here: 104 today!...same as yesterday and the month before that. It will be the same until October I think. Anyway, outdoor activites must revolve around water. We bought a small pool for the back yard so that kids can have something to cool off in. (Because of the incisions from my surgery I can't actually get wet. And Amy is a little overhwelmed watching 8 children at the neighborhood pool). So we're doing the backyard kiddie pool variety until I get cleared by the doc next week.

So we filled the pool up this morning. And it sat...and sat... and sat. By the time the kids got in it, the water temperature was 92 degrees. Nice bathtub warm. The kids had a lot of fun. And since the shade of the house was now covering th pool, we didn't have to do sunscreen. yay!!

Amy blew up water balloons for everyone.

Kids got wet.
Kids played.Kids competed in holding their breath under water.Then after they were done, we shampooed their hair and washed them off in the hose. The air was over 100 degrees. The hose water, I must admit, was a little on the cool side. But it was more effecient than traipsing water through the house just to get dressed. Good thing that the golfers had mostly given up and gone home by that point.

We washed everybody. Just only got the camera out at the end when McKay was the last.

But now it occurrs to me that I would love an outdoor shower...with maybe a bit more privacy than a wrought iron fence along the golf course, of course. Keep all the wet outside.

3 comments:

  1. An outdoor shower makes lots of sense.

    When my kids were small, I always hosed them off outside and let that count as their bath sometimes! They are none the worse for wear either.

    I had a friend whose sister - in Utah - would take her kids outside after meals - I suspect mostly in the summertime - and just hose them off on the patio. (When they were small and got very messy eating.)

    I always thought it sounded like a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loove showering outdoors - and we shower at the beach or the pool everyday so i don't have to deal with it at home.

    and what a blessing amy is!

    glad you are healing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we visited Kwaj last summer the house we stayed at had an outdoor shower in the front yard because their daughter is a swimmer. The dad built it and it was really cool. I pretty much only showered there during the whole week. Not gross at all.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents