9.10.2006

Funk Brothers and Buddy Miles



Nate and I celebrated our 12th anniversary on Friday (yea, 12! can you believe it?!) So Nate took me to a really nice dinner at the Driskell Hotel and then afterwards, we went to hear the Funk Brothers play. If you aren't familiar with them I know that you are familiar with all the #1 hits they played for famous names like Smokey Robinson, the Temptations, Stevie Wonder, etc. They were the magic behind all those great motown hits in the 70's. Anyway, it was a ton of fun. We were on the second row and it was a small theater. Then a special treat when out of the audience came Buddy Miles. He was a great drummer in the 70's. He had his own band and also played drums for Jimi Hendrix. He is also the voice singing I Heard it Through the Grapevine in the California Raisins commercial in the 80's. All in all, it was a spectacular show.

2 comments:

  1. look at everything you've done in a dozen years! I can't believe it's only been 12! That means we knew you pretty early on in the marriage. Wow.

    (random thought...)

    I wish you were here and could teach Bonnie to sew! :-)

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents