11.08.2006

I look like Gwyneth Paltrow

As the fat girl in Shallow Hal.

My surgery went well. I'm back home. I am not taking any pictures this time. But if you want to imagine how I look, it's like the fat girl in Shallow Hal. The lower half of my face, from my lower eyelids to my neck, is hugely swollen. I also look like I have a black and blue beard because of the bruising. My face is all numb. And as long as I take the pain meds I am not in any pain.

Unfortunately Hazel won't even look at me. So I have to cover my face, except for my eyes, to talk to her. Toby said I looked a little funny. Hopefully the swelling will go down in the next few days. I can't imagine why people would get cosmetic surgery like this on purpose. It doesn't seem worth it if it wasn't for real reasons. The worst is the itching on my face where it is numb--scratching doesn't do any good.

I'm so grateful to Vickie for coming out to take care of everyone here this week. I couldn't have done this otherwise. I'm also grateful for a husband who stayed the night with me in the hospital on an uncomfortable chair/bed.

Anway, I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, am I totally out of the loop or what? What surgery did you have, and why? It better not have been cosmetic, you certainly don't need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I'm glad to hear it is over. No more anticipation and anxiety. Did the doctor say how long it would take for the swelling to go down? Poor Hazel:) She is such a Mommy's girl. Hope all continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please do explain what surgery/why. you don't mention it anywhere that I can find here.

    I'm sorry you're miserable. I once looked like the guy in the movie "Mask" with Cher. So I can relate. You'll be back to your radiant beautiful self soon though!

    Hugs,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was not cosmetic surgery. My reference in the post was to people who get face lifts and chins and nose jobs, etc. This was to fix my TMJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! I feel for you and hope for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents