12.05.2007

Halleluia!!

Last night we observed one of my favorite holiday family traditions. We went to hear Handel's Messiah performed by the Austin Symphony Orchestra. We took Toby, Aspen, and Isaac with us this year. The first notes played by the orchestra reminded me why I love to hear good music live. Instantly I felt calmed and uplifted. Handel's Messiah is such a beautiful piece both musically as well as it's text. Listening to this kind of music helps me to forget the world around me. It doesn't work with recorded music. It only happens when I hear it in person. I need to attend concerts more often I guess. The kids really enjoyed it too.

1 comment:

  1. We go to sing along Messiahs now, but the first time I ever heard it in full was in the SL Tabernacle with the SL Oratorio Society - and I thought it would never end!! It seemed to be "eternal."

    Now I feel like it races by too fast! 40 years of exposure to something apparently makes one familiar with it!!

    Our kids love it too - that's the best part!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents