9.26.2009

Cooking with Hazel




This past week it has kind of felt like fall!  Amazing for Texas this time of year. Usually it is still about 90 degrees. and sticky.   I feel like the Lord is answering our prayers for rain, and the cooler weather is a definite plus.  When the seasons change I want to start eating soups and breads and bake more.  So to celebrate the first week of fall, Hazel and I made chicken pot pie!  I wanted to make everyone their own pie.  Hazel had the idea of using my animal cracker cookie cutters to add animals to the tops.  What a creative little girl!  It was fun to bake with her.  Next time though, I'll use smaller bowls.  The individual pies were still a bit much food.   

4 comments:

  1. I love chicken pot pies - and these look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you get your animal cracker cookie cutters? I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love the animals. Didn't you love the weather this last week! So nice to be so cool for a change. The only problem is all the cold weather clothes are in the garage somewhere. I wasn't expecting to need them quite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel is very creative, just like her mother.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents