12.21.2009

Christmas at the Homestead





One year (1984) for Christmas my parents took us to the Homestead for Christmas Eve.  (At least I remember it  this way.  I'm a little fuzzy on timing for some things).  But I remember going on a horse drawn sleigh ride in the evening.  We spent the next day sledding and playing in the snow.  We went swimming in the hotel's indoor pool.  There were big windows that opened onto the snow outside the pool.  Some of us went out into the snow in our swimsuits, and then jumped back in the pool.  There were outdoor hot tubs with fog billowing off them.  I always thought it so exciting to be in the pool outside in the snow in the middle of winter.  It was a fun Christmas.  Maybe one day I can do that for my kids.

6 comments:

  1. What a great memory. Is that Hester?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually went up to the Homestead right after our Christmas Eve party with Grandma and Grandpa Kerksiek and extended family. It was a lot of fun. I remember it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that was Hester. Hannah wasn't born yet. I wasn't even pregnant so I enjoyed the time there a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I was pregnant but not sick yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A significant difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute and chubby!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents