4.07.2010

To tide you over

I know that Erika has been checking hourly for pics from Hester's wedding. And I'm sorry that it has taken me this long to post anything. But I have been trying to just get caught up after being gone for 10 days and battling jet lag at the same time. It took 20 minutes just to download the pics from my camera (there were nearly 1500 photos from the wedding) and another 20 minutes to sort them into folders so I can manage them more easily. So. For now here are a few from the few moments I could squeeze in today.

Introducing: Mr. and Mrs. Andreas Psota!

The civil ceremony was nice. But nothing compared to the beauty of the temple. The Bern, Switzerland temple was lovely. And the sun came out when they did.

More to come later. I'll be working on this project for the next few weeks.

12 comments:

  1. The pictures are great. Thanks so much for all of your work and the work that is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful images and how awesome to get to travel to Switzerland to photograph their special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just imagine how busy you are - I go away for a few days and it takes me forever to get back in sync - and I don't have little kids and usually only deal with a 3 hour time difference!!

    But the photos are lovely - and I did want to see the bride in groom in close up and detail!! I went to the Bern temple when I was in Grenoble in 1966 - we used to pop over to Switzerland all the time - like every Saturday!! It's a beautiful country indeed and I'm so glad you got to go.

    I look forward to seeing more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be the "bride and groom!!" It is indeed late here - I'm typing up a report for an IEP tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, you are a very talented photographer. Hester looks so happy---that makes me happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Andreas had a different outfit on, that shot in front of the green doors would be totally from Princess Bride or something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice pics. i like them. but i liked the civil ceremony too--i thought it was surprisingly poignant for a bureaucratic affair. long day though, very long day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them!! you are the best sister ever!! Can not wait to see them all. I like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did Aspen have a good time? Was she surprised? excited?

    Love the pictures! Hester looks very happy! Glad we can experience her wedding through your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. FYI: I linked this post on my facebook page. You might get a lot of random visits from various foreign IP addresses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! They are so dang cute :) These pics are amazing!

    I was overcome with emotion when I saw the last pic of the temple. I was able to be there for its re-dedication in 1992...but the best part was that President Hinckley passed through our room on the way to where he was dedicating and he paused to shake a couple peoples hands - I watched in awe. The spirit filled the room and then he looked at me, reached over a row to shake my hand- it was amazing! He and the men with him radiated immense power and humility all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents