4.12.2010

Wildflower preview

Because of all the rain we've received over the past 8 months, the wildflowers this spring are GORGEOUS! they are everywhere. Springtime is my favorite time of year in Texas. And it makes me glad to be here. (Now the middle of August - I try to be anywhere else but Texas - it's just too hot.) Anyway, on our way out to the strawberry farm last week, there were flowers, especially bluebonnets, everywhere. And I grabbed a couple of pics of the kids that were with me. Hopefully, I can get some of the whole family this week before they start fading. The weather, and our family's schedule, hasn't been cooperating since so I've not gotten any. But I will keep trying, like any good Texas parent does.

3 comments:

  1. The flowers are gorgeous. Hope you are able to get the pictures of the entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have wildflowers like you have, but we do have wild mustard in bloom right and it's pretty spectacular - maybe it's the contrast with all the urban sprawl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want Utah to erupt in flowers it would make my day!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents