3.27.2011

Spent the weekend...

Hazel and her friends filled the little pools in the back yard (first time this season - probably the earliest ever in the 13 years we've lived in Texas), then played in the sand box (best project ever finished in my yard). It was 90 degrees yesterday. (Not so today, but we enjoyed the heat while we could.)

Added some more pepper plants to my garden. The bunnies ate the last ones. I'm worried that my lettuce, broccoli and cauliflower will bolt because of the unseasonable heat. But it is supposed to be back to normal this week. Hopefully we will be eating more greens soon. I mowed the lawn for the first time this season...well, Isaac did. But I weed-whacked, spread some weed-and-feed to tackle the weeds that grow faster than the lawn, and enjoyed some sunshine.

Nate worked on fixing some of the piddly stuff the inspector found around the house: patching mortar in the brick, fixing sprinklers, finding sprinkler boxes under the overgrown lawn. I'll be glad when that's done. The carpet cleaners were here all day deep cleaning the house. I must say, they are the best I've ever had clean carpets. They look sooooo much better...almost new. This week it's the window repair guys (darn golf balls hitting my house), the window washers, the chimney sweep, and preparing for a garage sale next weekend. Got to keep busy.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love all the stuff that finally gets done - once you need to move??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I want your carpet cleaner and window cleaner info! Pretty please? Your house looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents