8.22.2005

Spring Cleaning -- In the Fall

So now that my kids are in school and i am not pregnant and I am feeling better from my surgery, I am tackling my house. THings have been piling up on counters, under beds and in closets and I need to be free of all the junk. It drives me crazy just thinking about it. So today I did Hazel's room, because it is the easiest. I was so proud of myself. I threw away 2 huge boxes of magazines and files. Then made more piles of things to give away. THen I cleared off the counter in the kitchen that I typically drop everything on that I don't have time to deal with at the moment but is important to take care of sometime soon. On top of that I got all my laundry done!! (Pat on the back for me.) I've decided to massively simplify my life and getting rid of stuff will make my life much easier to clean and keep track of. I just keep reminding myself of the 3 months I spent in Utah a few summers ago at my mom's empty house. We had only the bare necessities and life was good. Easy to clean and the kids spent all their time outside or reading. So I am going to get down to the minimum required for me. Tomorrow I take on the bathroom and laundry room and, perhaps, the closet under the stairs!!! AAHHHHH!!! I am turning my mountain back into a mole hill!! Wish me luck. I've got to keep the ball rolling and do as much as I can before I run out of momentum!!

9 comments:

  1. If you want to unload some maternity clothes I'm sure Min will treat them real nice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE getting rid of stuff - and it is SOOOO freeing - you can't organize clutter.

    I think it's great you got so much done - I'll fly you out to my house to help clear away all our junk - I think Bruce would love you forever... Although I have to admit our house is not as bad as it could be. But it could be MUCH better.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your cleaning. It sounds like you are really ambiscous (sp?) I started with my kitchen like a month ago. I just got my upstairs done today. It's crazy. Although Jake has a lot of junk I need to convince him to organize or let me do something with it. I am basically putting off "really" organizing everything until we move. Then I will have a lot of trash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy may have whatever she wants from my maternity clothes. I am done with them forever!! I'm coming down tomorrow for Toby's doctor's appointment. We'll call you and stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonny - I love dejunking. Anytime you want some help I'll be there. Besides the excuse to come visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bets,

    You want to help at my house when your done? I need to do a lot of dejunking, but keep putting it off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are djunking the garage myidea is to throw everything away you havent been the boxes for months so it must not be important. I start the kitchen this saturday I am going to go drawer by drawer cupboard by cupboard. My goal is every room in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All y'all need to find something better to do with your time.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How's is the cleaning coming now?

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents