9.07.2005

Good as New - in 3 Months



I finally got my stitches out. The doctor says the scar will just blend into my ear. The swelling is almost all gone. Only dime sized spots near my ears are still numb. ANd that should go away soon. My hair is also growing back. THank goodness. But it will look a little odd for a while. The only sad thing is my diet. The doctor told me at my surgery to not chew anything for two weeks. Needless to say smushy food gets a little boring. Unfortunately, he meant that I can not chew anything until my jaw is fully healed - in 3 months!!! ARRGHHH. I am very tired of smoothies, yogurt, pudding, soup and mashed potatoes. It is difficult to have a well rounded diet when you can't chew anything. I guess this will help me lose some more weight. At least I can still eat ice cream!!

4 comments:

  1. You look great! That would be hard to be constricted to a mushy 3 month diet. Hang in there! Also thanks for the clothes for McKay! Hand me downs ared always great! I just took your baby dress to the dry cleaners and I will ship it off when I get it back. Kirsten didn't ever wear it but it needed cleaning from before. Can't wait to see everyone in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fry some bacon, then scramble some eggs in the grease.....
    How soon can you get stuff past your teeth (I know you can't chew, but if you could get it into your mouth you could suck on stuff)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mouth is luckily not wired shut. so i can eat it if i can mash it in my mouth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make a visit to NASA in Houston and get a bunch of astronaut food. ;)

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents