1.07.2006

"It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiney day."

We decided to take advantage of the beatiful weather and go for a hike this morning. We went to a park about 40 minutes away and hiked the trail; we went about 3 1/2 miles. It was pretty fun and not crowded at all. Lots of shade and 3 lakes for skipping rocks. That is always the kids' favorite part. While there we found some cattails. I have never seen them as they are going to seed and we discovered that the heads are like giant dandelions. There are millions of little seeds on the head of the reed and when we touched it they blew away in the wind. It was pretty cool. Even Hazel had a good time and stayed awake until the last quarter mile. I am a little sore. Hiking up and down hills with a twenty pound child on your back is better than the stairmaster at the gym!



5 comments:

  1. Bets,

    Well I am jealous of your little hikle. When we got back to Idaho from Texas the weather was great. It was in the mid 40's. Although this morning when I woke up it was 15 degrees and there was 6 inches of snow on the ground and still snowing. It has been a blustery day. I always like sundays because many like yourself seem to find time to post new things on their blogs.

    Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I am jealous of you too, I love to hike and Kiev isn't close to much. Although sunday was nice too, Dad's b-day went nice and it was sad to see hannah go. I am glad that you all had fun, cute pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hair cut is cute. I too would love to go hiking but it is snowy and cold here as well as in Idaho and not hiking weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that Hazel is 20 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys find the coolest hiking and outdoor things to do.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents