8.02.2008

Hill Cumorah Pageant

We decided to attend the Hill Cumorah Pageant this year with Grandma and Grandpa. So we stayed with Earl's very kind Uncle Roger and Aunt Diane in Rochester.
It was a tad rainy. But we found some umbrellas.

While we waited for the pageant the kids entertained themselves: The boys made airplanes, Aspen played chinese jumprope with Nate.

The cast members mingled with the audience passing out pass along cards and getting referrals for the missionaries. The woman on the right was from Austin!

The kids recognized that the hill the pageant is performed on is the Hill Cumorah. That the last Lamanite/Nephite battles were fought there.

This pageant was really good. It was exciting to watch. The spirit there was very strong. It shows many scenes from the Book of Mormon. My favorite depicted Christ visiting the Americas. Coming to Palmyra and seeing the pageant really added to my testimony of Joseph Smith and the truthfullness of the Book of Mormon. I think that it was a good experience for my children as well. I think it was well worth the trip and would recommend it to everyone. But plan ahead. There isn't a lot of lodging nearby. Thank goodness for family.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the HC pageant was really fun when we went a few years ago. If you don't mind camping, there is (or was) a decent campground nearby. It's just a big lawn with a bathroom and showers, but it did the trick for us.

    I liked the pageant, and it was also neat to see the Sacred Grove, but is it bad to say my favorite part of the trip may have been the ice cream place? I don't remember the name of it, just that you can get gigantic ice cream cones there.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents