11.11.2008

When it rains...

Today I woke up to:
  • Rain (which is good), maybe some severe weather -
  • About 3 hours of really broken/bad sleep because
  • Hazel is sick. Poor girl. The eyes really say it all. She didn't sleep well either.
  • A broken refrigerator. Actually, I think that it stopped working a day or two ago. It wasn't even cool inside this morning. Since this is the fourth time in four years that this fridge has broken, we aren't going to fix it. (And of course the warranty expired.) But we need to wait until Friday (payday) to buy a new one. So we are making do with 3 coolers and lots of ice for the rest of the week. At least the freezer still works. However, cleaning my refrigerator was not on the list-of-things-to-do today.
  • And lastly, Nate is out of town. This doesn't really change anything; but I like feeling that if I needed rescuing (which I do occassionally) my knight would be closer than 8 hours.

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe your fridge broke again! I hope the next one is more reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish that we were closer to help. Be of good cheer. I guess it could be worse but it would take a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a fridge go out once - it was a "brown out" and it killed the fridge.

    But we were renting - the owners were on a mission - and we had to wait to contact them about what to do.

    We used coolers, ice and the neighbor's.

    And it turned out their homeowner's insurance would pay for the new fridge.

    Hope your story ends happily too. At least you have the wherewithal to blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. life always seems to fall apart when bruce is out of town as well - so sorry hazel is sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad. I remember how excited you were to buy that frig. and get rid of the previous one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pretty much look like hazel in the morning as well. being sick sucks

    ReplyDelete
  7. broken fridges are no fun - neither are sick kiddos. i totally feel ya' on the husband out of town thing too. mine is out of town at regional meetings all week.

    however, learning to deal with it all - good and bad - on our own - makes us stronger.

    just think pioneer women were on their own a lot - without modern convenience and often with much more adversity.

    hope all is well soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your Knight in shinning Armor gave you some extra tehder loving care when he got home, I think I would have just found a corner and sat down and cried.

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents