11.05.2008

A good night's rest


There is nothing that beats a good night's rest. Today, this is what I am most grateful for. For the past 3 days, Hazel has relapsed into her old habit of waking during the night. Only now, she comes and gets in bed with me. Or she wants me to lay by her. I am too incoherent to do more than let her in my bed or go lay down in hers. I'll do anything to try to get back to sleep. Only, I can't sleep with her in my bed. So I end up very sleep deprived. Add to that a couple of work-outs on top of a couple of full days of regular stuff and I was crashing before the election was called last night.

I've concluded that a lot of the "problems" in life are caused by a lack of sleep. There are so many things that we think are more important. And there are a few that really are (such as children). But many things in life could be made better just by getting enough sleep.

This morning I woke refreshed after a much need good night's rest. I had more patience, compassion, and energy to do all that I needed for today. Here's to hoping and working for more of that good sleep!

5 comments:

  1. I second on the sleep. You can handle anything as long as you have had rest the night before.

    Tomorrow when you wake up and read this it will be one week before we leave! We are sooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree - sleep is major in my life. annika wakes up a lot too - more than my others ever did. so i let her sleep on a blanket on the floor next to my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Beers used to tell my mom (he is the OB who delivered 10 of her 12 kids)that all parental issues could be solved by sleep - either the parent's or the child's!

    I think he was right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I hear ya... most of all my problems are related to lack of sleep right now. It can make you feel so raw and so on edge! Glad you got a good nights rest... I won't have one of those for awhile yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree, working 7 -10 hour graves a week has really taught me that, I am lucky if I get 1 good days sleep a week, generally it is more like 4 hours of broken up sleep, I am sure my metabolism and my stress levels are strongly effected by this pattern, just this week after getting about a rare 6 hours of very broken up sleep I could not understand why I was so tired, I honestly was starting to think something was seriously wrong with me, but after getting a good days sleep I am starting to think it is the sleep thing

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents