11.02.2008

Fast Sunday Baking

It seems that I spend most of my fast Sundays baking and cooking. I think I inherited this habit from my dad. He loves to read cookbooks and seems to peruse them more on fast Sundays. I guess that I am more willing to spend the time it takes to bake and cook elaborate things on this day. Every other day seems to be full of things to do. So the kids and I spent today making pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, chocolate pie, and Italian bread. The funny thing is that we spent so much time baking, that I didn't actually get around to making dinner. So we pulled out some previously made and frozen soup for dinner. I love fall and soup and pies and breads. They seem more delicious in the fall. (I do wish that it was actually chilly here...maybe in another couple months.) Anyway, hope that you are enjoying the beginning of the holiday season.

p.s. this picture isn't from today, but it is a picture of pie!

2 comments:

  1. I was trying to figure out where you went with your pies. I thought it looked more like your old house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember when I tried to make a pecan pie for Thanksgiving at your place? I ended up pressing the crust into the pan with my fingers and the filling was only pecan nuts and nothing else!! Too bad we don't have you to bake pies for us this Thanksgiving! I'm cooking this year but still am not a very experience pie maker! Wish I could run over on Fast Sunday for a lesson :-)

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents