11.04.2008

Proud to be an American



I am not a political person. But I am a very patriotic person. Today I am grateful that I live in America. I am grateful that I have the freedom to vote. I am grateful for the rights and privileges and opportunities that are mine because I live in this great country. I have been to many countries and seen evidences of what not having these rights can be like. Places where it is difficult or near impossible to change one's life or one's standing. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for sending me here, at this time, to live my life with so many blessings. I am grateful that I have the freedom to stand for something, to take advantage of this opportunity to participate, and to freely vote. What a privilege we have. Don't miss out - go VOTE!

1 comment:

  1. I am proud to say that in my sleepy state - I took both kids and went to vote. I am bummed the election didn't turn out the way that I wanted, but I am glad that I did my duty to vote :)

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents