2.21.2009

Celebrating Aspen

Aspen turned 12 this week. How has 12 years already passed? It was such a short time ago that she was so tiny. She is such a beautiful young lady. We love her to pieces. Here's a bit about her:
  • favorite color: orange
  • favorite food: pad thai
  • favorite book: Anne of Green Gables
  • she is 5'2 1/2" tall
  • wears the same size shoe as her mom
  • loves to make stuff
  • writes letters on her typewriter
  • likes to use the red ribbon to type
  • is very smart
  • has cut more than 2 minutes off her mile this year
  • plays the flute
  • is adored by Hazel
  • is great at pretend
  • likes to sew and knit
  • is very friendly
  • doesn't like to "fix" her hair, just usually wears it straight and down
  • is a great babysitter
  • has a strong testimony
  • usually puts off her chores as long as I'll let her
  • can cook and bake anything with a recipe
  • likes to take pictures
  • is a BIG help at home, especially with Hazel
I am so grateful that Heavenly Father let me be her mother.

7 comments:

  1. We are so glad that she is part of our family. We hope that she will have a great year ahead. I know that she has a great Mom to show her the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for her to come into Beehives with me. Thanks for being her great mom Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the purse

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you believe i found that at the blue target?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is amazing to me is that she was just a tiny baby at my wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo, LOVE this one about sweet Aspen. Love your collage too - so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay... I am so sappy- I started to tear up at this post. The pics were so beautiful and I started to imagine Emma turning 12 and I just cried. p.s. GORGEOUS cake by the way- you seriously are one of the most multi-talented people I have ever met!

    ReplyDelete

share your two cents